Countdown to the big day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Will you be my bridesmaid???

After searching for countless hours on the Internet for some really cute "will you be my bridesmaid?" cards, I gave up and decided to make my own! I was actually inspired by some homemade ones I saw on another blog (I wish I could remember which one) so I headed to Michael's and started collecting supplies! Anyway, here are some pictures of what I gave each of my 8 bridesmaids.Along with the cards I gave each of them a book on being a bridesmaid. My maid of honor (my sister) was given "The Quintessential Wedding Guide...Maid of Honor" by Heidi Holmes and the other 7 bridesmaids were given "The Bridesmaid Guide: Parties, Etiquette and Being Fabulous" by Kate Chynoweth. I would definitely recommend giving your bridesmaids some kind of guidance, especially if they've never been bridesmaids before and depending on how much you want to rely on them during the process. My sister for example is 10 years older than me and being my MOH made her really nervous because she was afraid she wouldn't relate to me and the other girls and she was scared to plan showers and parties for me on her own in fear that I might not like them. This book, along with some great articles on the knot, gave her the confidence she needed to know that she could do a great job as my MOH! And I'm so excited that she is!

No comments:

Post a Comment