Countdown to the big day!

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Friday, August 28, 2009

The entertainment is booked!

I finally booked the DJ for my wedding! Whoo hoo! Let me tell you, this decision was not easy! First off, I put the whole DJ thing off for a while because I thought it would be easy. Turns out, it wasn't! The first few that I looked at and really liked were over my budget. That started stressing me out and I ended up going to the Dallas bridal show with my sister trying to find a DJ, found one that I liked, but he was so cheap that it was almost scary! You would think super cheap is good, but everyone else I talked to in the industry had never heard of him or the company and I wasn't willing to risk having a bad reception. The poor guy probably would have done a good job, but you just never know and I really wanted someone with some great recommendations! So I kept asking around and ended up meeting with Tommy Evans of Specialty Sound. I know this sounds cheesy, but I got that same "feeling" that I got with all the other vendors I picked when we met with Tommy and I kept thinking the whole time that it was going to be way too expensive and would never work out, but that wasn't the case at all! Tommy has a lot of creative ideas for different fun things to do throughout the reception and I can't wait to see everything he comes up with! And by the way, that is not Tommy in the picture.

1 comment: